Child & Adult Care Food Program Forum
CACFP Forum Membership
Are You A Sponser/Participant In The CACFP That Wants To
Make A Difference? You can... by joining the National CACFP Forum!
The Forum is recognized in Washington, DC as the leading CACFP public policy
organization of its kind. With members across the country, the Forum's main
- Improving the nutrition of all children in child care
- Accessing quality child care for low-income families
- Sharing information to improve program delivery
- Maintaining program accountiblity
To find out more and/or join Click Here
BECOME A CACFP ADVOCATE
It's never too late to become a CACFP advocate. Make a pledge now to become more active in shaping the future of CACFP. You are the CACFP expert and have every right to speak about your program. Make contact with your Senator or Representative and share these key points:
- CACFP is a good program
- CACFP helps children grow healthy and strong
- CACFP helps working families work.
- CACFP is an indicator of quality child care.
- Nutrition habits start early. CACFP is key to training and supporting the caregivers who feed our children.
- CACFP can play an important role in obesity prevention by educating caregivers about child nutrition.
- Stop The Drop! CACFP participation has dropped 14% since tiering was implemented.
- Five years after tiering--a quarter of a billion fewer meals and snacks were served than projected.
Child care plays a central role in shaping the nutrition habits of your children. Many children are in care over eight hours each day and eat the majority of their meals in child care. By the age of 30 to 36 months, the foundation of eating behaviors has been formed. CACFP can make sure that these nutrition habits are good ones.
New! CACFP Forms Mobile App
Read more about the new PAR Connect mobile app for CACFP forms! - PDF
Click Here to Find Out More
Family Day Care Homes Monitoring Handbook for the Child and Adult Care Food Program - PDF.
Download The Handbook
Read the recent OIG report here - PDF.
Download The Report